Screen resolution

Kjetil Halvorsen kjetil1001 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 21:53:37 UTC 2008

Thanks.

What I did - and which worked - was this: with synaptic I installed envyNG,
then run it, so changed the screen resolution in the "screen resoltion!"
menu,
(where it had appeared new options),
then restarted the machine. That worked excellently!

Kjetil

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:

> Kjetil Halvorsen wrote:
> > You are right, I have the nVidia card. But how do I
> > "enable the visual effects"?
> >
>     You need to download new software for the kernel and on your
> computer. Use the Sympatic Package manager and in the non-ubuntu section
> d/l the one for nVidia.
>
> Karl
>

> > Kjetil
> >
> > On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 4:52 PM, Gilles Gravier <gilles at gravier.org>
> wrote:
> >

> >> Hi!

> >> way

> >> higher

> should
> >>>>
> >> be

> need
> >>>
> >> page.
> >>
> >> If you have an nvidia, just enabling the visual effects will trigger the
> >> download, install and activation of the proprietary (i.e. high
> >> performance, fancy admin interface) nvidia driver. Then you can launch
> >> the Nvidia Settings from the Applications System tab (or something
> >> close, depending on your GNOME configuration).
> >>
> >> That lets you configure everything on an nvidia graphics board.
> >>
> >> Gilles.
> >>

> >> --
> >> /*Gilles Gravier*/ *=* *Gilles at Gravier.org* <mailto:Gilles at Gravier.org>
> >> ICQ : *77488526*
> >> <http://www.icq.com/whitepages/about_me.php?Uin=77488526> * || *MSN
> >> Messenger : Gilles at Gravier.org <
> http://members.msn.com/Gilles@Gravier.org

> >> *Skype : ggravier <callto://ggravier>* || *Y! : ggravier
> >> <http://profiles.yahoo.com/ggravier> || AOL : gillesgravier
> >> <aim:goim?screenname=gillesgravier>
> >> PGP Key ID : *0x8DE6D026*
> >> <http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x8DE6D026&op=index>
> >> "Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around
> >> the sun."
> >>

> >> --

>         Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
>        Linux User
>        #450462   http://counter.li.org.
>   PGP 4208 4D6E 595F 22B9 FF1C  ECB6 4A3C 2C54 FE23 53A7

"All truth goes through three stages.  First it is ridiculed.  Then it is
violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident."
                -- Schopenhauer