Intrepid, EeePc 1000, Live session, No wifi out of the box

Mauricio Hernandez Z. mhz at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 6 18:54:12 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Mario Spinthiras
<spinthiras.mario at gmail.com> wrote:
> tried the rt2x00 module? Ive had problems with hardy , dunno about
> anything else. The open source driver works nicely.
>
> quick refs.
> http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
> http://blupenguin.com/2008/09/20/my-new-sub-notebook/
> http://blupenguin.com/2008/09/20/ubuntu-and-the-ralink-rt73-chipset/

Thx Mario, I'll try that as soon as I can.
In the meantime, this is a workaround. However, I do notice wifi
connection is behaving a little slower than when using Xandros default
EeePc desktop. My guess is this must be the ath5k driver instead of
the one you mention.

== work around from eeepc forum ==
Once intrepid is installed (I used LG external usb DVD drive)...

1) edit   /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist and add the follow line:

blacklist ath_pci

2) Edit /etc/modules and add the follow line:

ath5k

3) Reboot

--
Cordialmente,

Mauricio Hernandez Z.

[Mail escrito sin caracteres especiales o acentos para evitar
conflictos de lectura entre sistemas]