Booting problem

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Mon Oct 6 15:24:07 UTC 2008

Rashkae wrote:

> ooh, that's a good call Mark... if both Hard drives are on the same
> cable, there's a good chance this is where the conflict originates.
>
> Also beware that some hard drives have different jumper configurations
> for Master with a Slave present and Single Drive.

Yeah, the Single Drive option occurred to me just after I sent my reply.
  I can't recall the last time I actually saw a drive with that option
though, but then I've not dealt with IDE drives in a while.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support