ubuntu hangs up

elmo elmo at ne.rr.com
Sun Oct 5 19:54:49 UTC 2008

Felipe DOMINGUEZ wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have experience a couple of hangs up on ubuntu 8.04 in the last two days.
> It just stop working. Not able to use the mouse, nothing. I had to shutdown
> the computer in both cases.
>
> I have done a search on google and it seems it happens often.
>
> is it there any patch that can be installed or any thing that can be done to
> avoid it?
>
> thanks.
> Felipe

Welcome to the club.   I've been having the same problem and in spite of
all the "remedies" offered here, the problem is still there.
I don't have any problem with 7.10 but 8.04 goes into total lockup,
sometimes very soon after booting and sometimes it works perfectly for a
long period before lockup and like you, the only exit from lockup is to
do a shutdown.

elmo