Problem loading from CD

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sun Oct 5 18:34:11 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 10:56 -0600, eric rodgers wrote:
> I am new to Linux and I am very excited to start using it. I
> downloaded the system from this site and burned it to a CD. It appears
> to work correctly.

What exactly do you mean with "it _appears_ to work correctly", that is,
how did you check? It is recommended to check and compare the md5sum of
the downloaded iso file [1], and you should also use the "Check CD for
defects" menu item on the Ubuntu installation screen.

If these checks find no errors your install CD is fine and the error
lies elsewhere (for which you will then certainly find help on the list)

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM