Feedback on Amarok Mp3 Player

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Sun Oct 5 08:03:40 UTC 2008

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 12:38:18 +0530
"Ashish Vijaywargiya" <vijaywargiya.ashish at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have installed Amarok for listening Mp3 songs on my Ubuntu 8.04 LTS.
> In past years I was using XMMS but it seems that XMMS has been removed
> from Ubuntu repository.
>
> Can anybody of you share your experience with Amarok Player ?
> If some other better Mp3 player present in Ubuntu repository then
> please let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> --
> Ashish Vijaywargiya
> Indore (M.P), India
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indore

I use Amarok w/mysql opposed to the default sqlite. Some users will say
that Amarok is too bulky however, if you are a user that came from
Windows (as most probably are) and a user of iTunes (as in my case)
then Amarok is a reasonably good replacement.

Additionally, installing plugins (well, really called scripts) via the
Script Manager is a nice touch and using the the Funky Monkey theme
works for me.

There are lots of other nifty features that can be used w/Amarok (if
you choose). At least give it a try. If you don't like it, you can
always remove it.

--
Best regards,

Chris