usb stick doesn't mount

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Fri Oct 3 19:51:55 UTC 2008

After automounting for months suddenly it refuses to mount when inserted.
The hard drive light flashes briefly as it always has but nothing further
happens. It doesn't appear to be a hardware problem because it automounts
in Fedora and Debian which I also have installed.

Is there a manual method to mount it? There is nothing in mtab about
it that the system can read so I'm at a loss.

Forums, list archives, and search engines have turned nothing useful. Any
help on how to proceed appreciated. Thanks.

--
Bob Holtzman
  check the price of the beer"