Moving from Fedora to Ubuntu - am I doing the right thing?

Joep L. Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Fri Oct 3 15:29:49 UTC 2008

Mark Haney schreef:
> Joep L. Blom wrote:
>
>> How do you play flash 9.0 on the 64-bit processor?
>> I haven't succeeded, I hope I don't highjack this thread but you said
>> ".. to find something I can't make run on Ubuntu.." and I wonder how you
>> do this.
>> Joep
>>

> Does this qualify as thread hijacking?  :)
>
> You can run flash 9 with nspluginwrapper.  It works really well, I've
> only had minor trouble with it in 64-bit.

Well, the first question's answer I leave to your discretion!  :)

After reinstalling nspluginwrapper it works well in Mozilla Seahorse,
but not in Firefox, although it is visible in both plugin directories.

About choosing a distro, that is personal. I have worked for years with
SuSe, but it's peculiar directory structure made me switch to RedHat and
later Fedora. This year I switched to Ubuntu and I still like it. I can
work from the CL (most of the time) but the programs I use (standard
office work, music editing, etc) are really stable and good. I miss
dearly a good music notation program wherefore I use XP and Finale in a
VirtualBox. In my opinion ubuntu maintains packages somewhat better than
I experienced with Fedora. Of course I'm accustomed much more to RPM
than .deb but in reality they don't differ and I switched rather easily.
With the current distributions you can not choose wrong.
But it is just my opinion.
Joep