sbcglobal.net - Evolution

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 14:43:43 UTC 2008

On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 01:25:09 -0700, Linda Vest Castanos wrote:

> Will Evolution work with sbcglobal.net account?  I'm having trouble
> setting up Evolution with a free email account with sbcglobal.net for a
> friend.  I help set up Ubuntu on her computer. thanks

Evolution will work with any email provider that provides POP3/IMAP/other-
similar-protocol access. If your provider doesn't provide POP3/IMAP
access, you should contact them and request for one (sometimes they may
point you to paid version instead though).

For popular email provider like hotmail or yahoo, there might be some
plugins that would screen scrap your email, and provide access to them to
Evolution. This might violate the Terms of Use and might get your account
banned.

My recommendation? Get an email provider that provide free POP3/IMAP
access, e.g. Gmail (I have an invite if you want one).