New to Ubuntu

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Thu Oct 2 12:32:19 UTC 2008

James Nelson wrote:
> it didn't recognize the wireless driver. how do i use the ndiswrapper. i also have the driver for the wireless driver as well.
>       _____

Can you post the output of 'lspci'and 'dmesg'?  Let's not jump to the
conclusion that the wireless card wasn't recognized.  It might have
been, but no module loaded for because of chipset changes or something.

If we can get that, we can figure out what chipset you have and go from
there.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support