how to get the topic of mail lists that I most interested in?

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 13:02:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 11:43 PM, hui tang <tangher at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,all.
>    every day, i receive a mass of mail from mail lists. but i only
> interested some of them. And i ordered two mail lists. Every day I open
> my mailbox , i will received so many email about all of messages. that's
> really a hard thing for me to decide which email is what i wanted.
>    so, my question is : how can I filter the mail topic i interested
> in?

Many people use a free web based mail service like Gmail or Hotmail or
Yahoo for mailing lists.

It can make scanning the subject lines easier and you don't have to
download message content you don't care about.

Separating that mail from your personal mail also means you don't have
to wade through one when you want to look at the other.

If you still prefer the interface of your mail client, you can then
forward that web based mail system to your personal mail account, and
use the filters in your mail client to filter on the 'to' address to
file the mailing list mail separately.

HTH

Brian