Uninstallin Flashplayer?

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 30 20:01:56 UTC 2008

--- On Sun, 11/30/08, Chris Jones <christopher.rob.jones at cern.ch> wrote:

> From: Chris Jones <christopher.rob.jones at cern.ch>
> Subject: Re: Uninstallin Flashplayer?
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 12:33 PM
> Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> > Instructions for installing the new alpha tar.gz for
> the 64 bit adobe flashplayer says:
> > "Important: All users should uninstall any
> currently installed Flash Player before installing the
> latest prerelease."
> >
> > I'm wondering if there is any more to it than just
> rming the file, libflashplayer.so, from the system. The
> current adobe flashplayer was installed with
> "flashplugin-nonfree" on Intrepid, up to date, on
> a fresh install, not upgraded, using the alternate AMD64 CD.
> > Any enlightenment is most welcome as I have downloaded
> the new alpha version, extracted it and only the
> libflashplayer.so file was found. No readme or bin files
> were found.
>
> I would properly remove the deb package first, using
> 'apt-get remove' or
> whatever other application you prefer. Then just copy the
> .so file to
> your ~/.mozilla/plugins/ directory.
>
> Chris

Chris, thanks for the quick reply. I know about copying to the plugin directory but I don't know which deb file to remove. The flashplayer was installed from Adobe site using flashplugin-nonfree but I can't find it using locate, aptitude show or search "flashplayer". I can easily remove flashplugin-nonfree but what about the flashplayer that the plugin installed. That's what I can't find and what Adobe's message is all about. Sorry for my ignorance.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net