[Intrepid] KDE4 BSOD/Black Screen

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 30 05:55:32 UTC 2008

--- On Sat, 11/29/08, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> OK. I'll take the Gateway - Christmas morning will be
> fine for delivery
> - thanks! "-)
>
> I have thought of trying a clean install on the machine,
> but as noted in
> the bug report, kde4 works just fine using a hardy kernel
> on that
> machine, so my _guess_ is that it is something in the
> intrepid kernel
> that is blowing it up.

hey, works fine for me using the same Intrepid-10 kernel. Also have the ppa mirrors, backports, whatever.
Just let me know if you want to compare kde packages installed. It just takes an aptitude search kde and a copy to an emial. You know I've used kde4.1 since day one and the kubuntu-desktop has worked with all kernels I've used. Let me know if I can help.
Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net