Removing and reinstalling Ubuntu

user1 bqz69 at telia.com
Sun Nov 30 01:58:37 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-11-29 at 18:39 -0700, katherine reynolds wrote:

> From: kareynolds1013 at hotmail.com
> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: Removing and reinstalling Ubuntu
> Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 18:29:41 -0700
>
> I have an older version of Kubuntu on my desktop (takes up
> 10.239.00MB) that I can't remove when I try to get it off installed
> programs...I inserted the CD for the new version and nothing happens
> at all with that...when I click Install Inside Windows, it doesn't do
> a thing...HELP!!!  K

> Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster. Sign up today.

> Proud to be a PC? Show the world. Download the “I’m a PC” Messenger
> themepack now. Download now.

You probably should go to the bios, right after start of the computer
you should press the hotkey to get into bios - f2 - del or esc or ..
depending on your computer (the hotkey is normally shown right after
start).

Then you should set the boot sequence to: cdrom - harddisk (cdrom
first), otherwise the computer will not detect the cd.