fluxbox

Donny George donny008 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 17:37:15 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 2:40 AM, Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net> wrote:

> Loïc Grenié wrote:
> >     What "command line" are you talking about ?
>
> I mean the command line you get with CTRL-ALT-F1 etc.
>
> > If it is a command-line
> > inside an Xterm, Konsole, Console or whatever running under fluxbox,
> > you should not have any problem.
>
> I agree, but obviously Donny isn't using a terminal program because the
> DISPLAY variable isn't set.
>
> > If the command-line is a console
> > (obtained by Ctrl-Alt-F1) then the DISPLAY variable is not set. You can
> > start firefox in that case by
> >
> > DISPLAY=:0 firefox -p
> >
> >   or
> >
> > export DISPLAY=:0
> > firefox -p
>
> That should work if X is running but then you still can't see anything of
> firefox because you are still at the command line.
>

> Nils

I started the xtrem( this is the command line i am talking about ) and it is
frmo here that i try to start the mozilla with the command firefox -p

as from the replies i understand that i should go for CTRL-ALT-F7 then type
firefox -p or else try to add mozilla to the fluxbox menu

am i right ?

--
Donny George