fluxbox

user1 bqz69 at telia.com
Fri Nov 28 17:24:06 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 08:47 -0800, Donny George wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 7:16 AM, user1 <bqz69 at telia.com> wrote:
>         On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 15:44 +0100, Donny George wrote:
>         >
>         >
>         > hello
>         >
>         > Recently i installed an ubuntu system with fluxbox to reduce
>         system
>         > load, though i like the idea of light weight gui i am having
>         a tough
>         > time with it. Could someone guide me to a thread or link by
>         which i
>         > can do some basic operations like open a mozilla, as i dont
>         know how
>         > to do it
>
>         Right click on the desktop, and then you can do most thing
>         from the
>         menu.
>         You get a panel on the bottom of the desktop, and you can add
>         more
>         desktops - this is the place where you switch desktop, click
>         on the
>         arrows to change desktop.
>
>         > Hope someone helps me
>         >
>         > --
>         > Donny George
>         >
>         >

> hello
>

>         >
> wat about adding mozilla or using mozilla

You should open synaptic and then install mozilla, which seems to also
be called seamonkey.

You should also be able to instead open a konsole (the program used to
run commands from the command line), and then run:

sudo apt-get -f install seamonkey

which should also install the program

Then it should show up in the meny you get when you right click on the
desktop, and then you can start using the program