Gmail is quite something

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 17:22:59 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 6:47 AM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> And for some
> reason email from my Thunderbird through Gmail to the Ubuntu list does
> not make it back to even Gmail list. That has to be a botch in my
> registration on the list.

It's not a botch in your registration -- it's a quirk about the way
Gmail works -- when you make a posting to the list it DOES appear in
the ubuntu folder in the web interface, but it will NOT appear in the
IMAP ubuntu directory.  If you look at your sent messages, it will be
there, and if you go to the web interface, it will be there... just
not in the filtered directory containing the rest of the messages from
the list.

Personally I think it's a subtle way to keep folks using the web
interface -- after all, if you use IMAP they have many fewer
opportunities to pop advertisements in front of your eyeballs.