Gmail is quite something

Hakan Koseoglu hakan.koseoglu at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 16:14:25 UTC 2008

Hi Carl,
On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Carl Friis-Hansen
<ubuntuuser at carl-fh.com> wrote:
> Could a workaround be something like moving old mail to another folder
> and then later trash all the mail in that folder using Gmail's web client?
> I have not checked, but I assume you can build custom filters in
> Thunderbird to move the over 60 days old mail, right?
The rule can be set to move the mail directly into the Gmail's trash
folder. It's just deletion in folders other than GMail's trash causes
the problem.

I think Google made it a bit hard for people by inventing their own
actions against common IMAP operations.

Once set up, IMAP is quite nice to use. I use it for all of my GMail
accounts using (k)Ubuntu 8.04 and Thunderbird. I would recommend it to
all GMail users.