Remembering sessions

Ray Parrish crp at cmc.net
Wed Nov 26 20:19:24 UTC 2008

Hello,

I noticed that in Preferences, Sessions there is a tab which has a check
box for remembering programs at log off, and a remember currently
running programs button.

Last night before shutting down I clicked the remember currently running
programs button to save my session. When I logged on this morning I
didn't get what I expected.

Sessions only started Firefox, missing Thunderbird which I also wanted
started, which was running when I clicked the remember button. It also
started a second copy of Kalarm which I normally start from a call in
the Sessions Startup Programs entries.

That seems a bit buggy to me. I would think it would check to see if a
program was already in the Startup Programs, and not start a second copy.

I'm looking at the Sessions help and it claims there is an Add Session
button on the Session Options tab, but no button exists on that tab
other than the "Remember Currently Running Programs" button. Help also
claims that there are several other settings on that tab which I do not
find.

I'm on Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy.

Later, Ray Parrish

Trouble shooting and Fixing Windows