Pkg Download Slowness

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Wed Nov 26 18:37:21 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 11:48 -0500, Pat wrote:
> > I'd like to know that too. I get downloads of updates and have no
> > choice in where it comes from, and I often get it timing out and/or
> > taking well over an hour to download a few updates.

You can set the mirror that you use by opening menu System ->
Administration -> Software Sources. On the first tab, there is a menu
"Download from". When you open that and select "Other", it will show you
the full list, along with a button labeled "Select best server" (which,
however, uses ping times AFAIK and is not always very reliable in really
picking the "best" one.)