Unable to resolve host by name

Bob Cortez rjcortez at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 01:38:43 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 4:18 PM, Leonard Chatagnier
<lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> Well Bob, I'm certainly glad doing it my way helped you make progress. I
> have 2 ubuntu machines so no longer use samba; just nautulus and dolphin to
> rw my shared folders. Gary(NoOp) has always helped me in using samba, remote
> desktop,etc. and navigating my lan.  He's pretty much an expert on it, I
> feel. If I knew anything more to suggest, I certainly would but it's now
> time to listen to someone more expert than I.

Ok fine.  You're wrong :)  I just wanted to make sure you knew I appreciated
your effort and wanted to encourage you to continue helping out when you
can.

Actually I just changed it back to localhost media and it had no effect.

I'll wait for further instructions from the master who has also helped me
many times with all sorts of issues.

Bob