[Intrepid] Compiz got hosed

Jim Smith jim at oz.net
Tue Nov 25 02:15:50 UTC 2008

Somehow I managed to mess up Compiz, by accidently activating something
called "Bicubic Filter." It has Gnome completely messed up as everything
I click on comes up as a black shape and no way to get into Compizconfig
to unclick it. Fortunately I have Xfce on here for just such occasions.
I tried deleting the .config files in my home directory, but that
doesn't do anything as they seem to be regenerated whenever Gnome
starts. There must be a master config file somewhere which can be
edited/deleted, I just don't know where. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

--
Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............