Help - Adding size to a document? More security

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Mon Nov 24 14:08:20 UTC 2008

Knapp wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 12:32 AM, Manuel Gomez <mgdpz1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Then, restore your backups daily. The Hacker will have to install
>> keylogger constantly. And, if part of the information is copy-paste, it
>> says: crtl c crtl v.
>>
>> Very usefull indeed.
>>
> Or he could just put it in the backups.

Funny part is I remember going through these types of thoughts...well,
not ballooning up miscellaneous files to bloat my drive, but other
security measures...several years ago before researching things and
finding that most of what's out there would be cumbersome, irritating,
and generally ineffective against a determined cracker. Or as Schneier
would probably say the tradeoff is too high for it to be useful.

But hey...to each his own.