problem adding s/w source

Carl Friis-Hansen ubuntuuser at carl-fh.com
Sun Nov 23 22:45:49 UTC 2008

Robert Holtzman wrote:
> I'm undoubtedly missing some basic that you're telling me. What I don't
> understand is why plugging in the URL verbatim isn't working. One other
> site that I have in the sources.list file is
> http://www.foory.de/thw/slrn/hardy (note the difference in form) and it
> works perfectly.

Strange, there is something i do not understand either, because both
according to my assumptions and to the site itself, it should have been:

deb http://www.foory.de/thw/slrn/ hardy/

Maybe the source application program is so smart that is extracts the
correct mnemonics from the URL you used.
Maybe you could write to the web site and ask them for a solution - they
might change the layout so it will work.

--
       | Carl Friis-Hansen               | Fiskeryd Nybygget |