problem adding s/w source

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Sun Nov 23 07:18:25 UTC 2008

I'm running 8.04 and am having a problem adding a software source,
namely ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/ubuntu/8.04.

I tried entering this in the GUI third party s/w box and at first got a
hard freeze. Running"ps aux" showed nothing that looked right so I
rebooted. Subsequent attempts didn't freeze but the "add source" button
remained grayed out.

Tried a number of variations, i.e.
deb ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/ubuntu/8.04,
ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/ubuntu/8.04,
http://ftp.mondorescue.org/ubuntu/8.04, etc. No luck.

I have no idea how to proceed. Am I going to edit
/etc/apt/sources.list.save manually? If so, I'm unsure of the form the
entry should take.

Any help appreciated.

--
Bob Holtzman