Calendar program

Linda haniganwork at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 22 16:33:39 UTC 2008

Hal Burgiss wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 08:37:27AM -0600, Linda wrote:
>
>> Are there any programs you would recommend for creating calendars on
>> Ubuntu.  It would be nice to be able to both print and view on the
>> computer. Preferably very simple this is for one of our office employees
>> I am moving from Windows to Ubuntu and she is looking for things to
>> complain about.
>>

> Probably not the kind of thing you are looking for, but I find google
> calendar fairly decent, not to mention that the calendars are
> sharable, embeddable, and accessible from any device with an internet
> connection. They are on a theming binge and I suspect themeable
> calendars are coming.

Thanks for the suggestions. After seeing a bunch of Excel based programs
I got the idea to search for Open Office calendar and found the perfect
solution. It is an open office extension called  *Caledrier*

It does a calendar for any month  you choose month and year and then it
saves as a open office word processing file so you can make any later
changes. I think I'll give them Sunbird for a personal desktop calendar
and the extension for creating calendars to print.
       Thanks again
            Linda