printer dell 1815dn ethernet mfp: cups and ppd

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 15:21:21 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 9:58 PM, PierPaolo <pierpaolo.franco at gmail.com> wrote:
> yes that seems the problem even to me. maybe some luck, the fact is that
> winzozxp (no vista, but for drivers problems... ;) don't see the web
> interface but print! that's annoy me! maybe it is a hub issue, something
> related to packet management, only guessing, i tried a switch, but with the
> new firmware only

It could be that windows is using a different port/protocol to talk to
it, and that's still working.

You could try running nmap on the printer and seeing what ports are
open, then set up cups to use those - probably 9100 and/or 515 are
open as well as 631, and even if 631 isn't working, they might if you
set them up in cups properly.

HTH
Brian