ubuntu licence

Oguz Yarimtepe comp.ogz at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 05:58:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 12:24 -0500, Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> You can prefer whatever you want, but you won't be complying with the
> GPL unless your company provides source. "Go get it yourself" is not
> providing source.

I understand that the company should provide the source files. But isn't
it compatible with the GPL also to say the address of the packages on
Internet? I was planning to give both the address and how they can get a
source file by using the Synaptic. Is that enough? Or should i also add
a comment and say that the sources can be also supplied from the company
via a DVD? And what else it should be written at that manual type thing?
Should it be given some trademark info about Ubuntu?