dialup modem

John Heinen hensandpat at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 23 00:40:52 UTC 2008

Brian McKee wrote:
> Doug
>
> As we said on Oct 21st, and Nov 3rd....
>
> WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
>
> What you've given us (three times) looks fine.
>
> What happens when you try and open a browser?
> What happens when you try and ping google.com?
> What happens when you try and check your email?
>
> There are some real smart people on this list, but no psychics I've heard of.
>
> Brian

> Hi Brian I you sure about those dates and contents? My latest question was when trying to connect Ubuntu reports "Missing file"

Your 1st question: what happen when you try to open a browser, I don't
really know what that means "open a browser"

Second : "ping Google .com" I don't know what ping means either.

Third: Conqueror responded: an error occurred while loading http:/www.
clear station .com

Last:    kppp connect, response "modem busy"

Recapitulation: A missing file,
Modem reported busy, even though  it is not, phone line is still open,
Last "error reported while loading http.".