Barry Smith bnsmith001 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 16:21:14 UTC 2008

Derek,

>Did you try http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=135036
Thank you for helping.  I'll check it out after ignoring your
first point, which hopefully was tongue-in-cheek.

> Do you know who you're emailing?

Of course, I know who I'm emailing.
I run Ubuntu, the most flexible Linux operating system available.

> This is Ubuntu, we don't do rpm unless forced.
Yet, RedHat rpm would have caught the dependency, and warned
that there was a dependency, as well as retrieving all dependencies
if told to... just like Synaptic or apt.
Unfortunately, the Debian distro of Hamachi didn't require a
dependency list, or the person creating the distro was lax in including
the "current (at the time) dependency of libcrypto.so.0.9.7 .

Either way, I will be emailing the person maintaining the Hamachi
disto to report the problem, _after_ I get _my_ install finished.

Thank you again for the link.

Peace,

Barry