ubuntu licence

Sven aluoor at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 14:48:34 UTC 2008

On 11/21/08, Oguz Yarimtepe <comp.ogz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Oğuz

>  I was wondering whether there is a restriction at Ubuntu license for
>  selling laptops with Ubuntu installed. The commercial company i am
>  working is planning to sell some laptops with Ubuntu installed without
>  charging for OS but charging the Ubuntu CD itself that will be given
>  with the laptop itself.

Yes you are allowed. I didn't found a statement who say opposite on ubuntu.com.

By the way you are not allowed to copy Red Hat Enterprise products
because of their trademarks and logos. Novell/Microsoft do something
similar only more restrictive. Novell and Redhat's[0] view of Open
Source (for example GPL) its not yet official approved by law.

>  Oğuz

Sven

[0] http://www.redhat.com/licenses/rhel_rha_eula.html