Reformatting a USB stick that shows up as two devices?

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Thu Nov 20 18:12:06 UTC 2008

Adam Funk wrote:

>> The recommendation of unmounting to see if the drive disappear isn't
>> going to help in this case.  As HAL is likely to unmount both drives
>> together.
>
> Both drives can be mounted and unmounted separately using pmount &
> pumount (or Nautilus).
>
> The drives have different sizes too.

You know, I've seen this with my MP3 player.  I have a 2GB SD card in my
player and it mounts as two separate drives.  I don't suppose this is a
flash drive with a SD slot?

What does this device do in Windows or another Linux box?

quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support