why eth0 not in /etc/network/intefaces?

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Thu Nov 20 12:30:11 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 07:16:00PM +0700, Nguyễn Hoàng Lân wrote:
> why eth0 not in /etc/network/intefaces?
> I have one ethernet NIC. I work normally but it doesn't show in
> /etc/network/interfaces. How this happens?

/etc/network/interfaces contains the static configuration.  Network
Manager manages all the cards that are not mentioned in
/etc/network/interfaces.  By default the 'interfaces' file is empty so
that Network Manager can manage all network cards in your machine.

Marius Gedminas
--
Key emulation:
[ ] Intuitive