apt-get problem

stan stanb at panix.com
Wed Nov 19 21:27:30 UTC 2008

I just developed an issue with updating one of my Ubuntu machine. This
problem _may_ or may not have been trigered by trying to update when the
disk was full. In any case, hee is what I am seeing:

root at amanda:~# apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  hpijs hplip hplip-data hplip-gui
  4 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
  Need to get 7659kB of archives.
  After unpacking 4096B disk space will be freed.
  Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
  Get:1 http://plabws1.meadwestvaco.com gutsy-security/main hplip-data
  2.7.7.dfsg.
  1-0ubuntu5.1 [6898kB]
  Get:2 http://plabws1.meadwestvaco.com gutsy-security/main hplip
  2.7.7.dfsg.1-0ub
  untu5.1 [303kB]
  Get:3 http://plabws1.meadwestvaco.com gutsy-security/main hpijs
  2.7.7+2.7.7.dfsg
  .1-0ubuntu5.1 [341kB]
  Get:4 http://plabws1.meadwestvaco.com gutsy-security/main hplip-gui
  2.7.7.dfsg.1
  -0ubuntu5.1 [117kB]
  Fetched 7660kB in 0s (9398kB/s)
  Failed to fetch
  http://plabws1.meadwestvaco.com:9999/ubuntu/pool/main/h/hplip/hp
  lip-data_2.7.7.dfsg.1-0ubuntu5.1_all.deb  Size mismatch
  Failed to fetch
  http://plabws1.meadwestvaco.com:9999/ubuntu/pool/main/h/hplip/hp
  lip_2.7.7.dfsg.1-0ubuntu5.1_amd64.deb  Size mismatch
  Failed to fetch
  http://plabws1.meadwestvaco.com:9999/ubuntu/pool/main/h/hplip/hp
  ijs_2.7.7+2.7.7.dfsg.1-0ubuntu5.1_amd64.deb  Size mismatch
  Failed to fetch
  http://plabws1.meadwestvaco.com:9999/ubuntu/pool/main/h/hplip/hp
  lip-gui_2.7.7.dfsg.1-0ubuntu5.1_all.deb  Size mismatch
  E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with
  --fix-mis
  sing?
  root at amanda:~#

What do I need to do to fix this?