Tomcat connecting to MySQL - Ubuntu 8.10 Server

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Nov 17 14:43:15 UTC 2008

Carlos A. Carnero Delgado wrote:

> just a shot in the dark. Can you try and disable Tomcat's security
> manager @ /etc/defaults/tomcat?

It's not really a shot in the dark - it's my first guess, but having
actually had to do this for a postgres/tomcat connection yesterday, the
messages he's getting from tomcat don't look right.  But just in case,
the quick and dirty option is to just turn TOMCAT_SECURITY, and if that
works, the cleaner option is to modify the java policy files (I don't
currently have access to that machine, but locate "catalina.policy", and
look in there to see where the local policy files are.  Edit the
"50user*" file, there, and copy one of the JDBC examples.
--
derek