How to Disable NVidia Card ?

Davide Corio davide.corio at domsense.com
Sun Nov 16 13:45:11 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-16 at 16:59 +0530, Chaman Singh Verma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There are some problem with one of the Graphics card, and before I
> post the problems,
> I would like to disable Nvidia Card and would like to run the programs
> with MesaGL library
> with native graphics support on Intel Card.
>
> How can I disable the card without manually taking it out ?

So, you have two graphic cards, one nvidia and one intel, right?
And, even if you don't use it, the nvidia causes problems?

Usually, if a card is not connected to a display, xorg won't use it.
however, if that card gives you problems you can just try to uninstall
nvidia proprietary drivers (if any) and xserver-xorg-video-nv which
contains the open xorg driver (probably not necessary).

Another possible way is to switch off the xorg autodetection by
specifying the intel driver into the "Device" section of xorg.org

--
Davide Corio
email: davide.corio<at>domsense.com