Intrepid Sound Problems

Daniel T Chen crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
Sun Nov 16 04:52:23 UTC 2008

On 11/15/2008 06:40 PM, Karl Larsen wrote:

>      Hello, I have been told correctly that the sound does pass through
> the kernel so there might be a problem with the new Intrepid kernel.
> First I would like to change the kernel and see if that cures the sound
> problem.
>
>      What is the best way to load     Ubuntu 8.04.1, kernel
> 2.6.24-21-generic onto my Intrepid laptop?
>
> Karl

You can either grab the 2.6.24-21-generic linux-image and
linux-ubuntu-modules and then install them, or you can ensure that you
have the hardy-security and hardy-updates repositories active, then
install the two above packages.

I advise you to work with 8.10's linux-image if at all possible.  It has
much improved Intel HDA support over 8.04's.

That said, have you executed the alsa-info.sh script?  Have you opened
an answers.launchpad.net query?