kernels

steve sfreilly at roadrunner.com
Sun Nov 16 00:57:56 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:
>     I have just looked at /usr/src/ and see this:
> karl at karl-hardy:/usr/src$ ls
> linux-headers-2.6.24-16          linux-headers-2.6.24-19
> linux-headers-2.6.24-16-generic  linux-headers-2.6.24-19-generic
> linux-headers-2.6.24-18          linux-headers-2.6.24-21
> linux-headers-2.6.24-18-generic  linux-headers-2.6.24-21-generic
>
>     I want to take a copy of the 2.6.24-21 kernel from Hardy and make it
> work on Intrepid. What do I need to transfer to Intrepid? I can fix
> menu.lst easy.
>
> Karl

when you boot intrepid if only the 2.6.27 kernel shows in grub all you
have to do is through synaptic search for linux-image.  all kernels
available will be shown, you can install whichever you wish, and
menu.lst will be updated accordingly.  dont forget to install restricted
drivers for that kernel if your using anything restricted.  reboot, and
choose the kernel you want to use from grub.  good luck.

--
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com

"Any people anywhere, being inclined, and having the power, have the
right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new
one that suits them better."   Abraham Lincoln 1848