live games from chess olympiad

Kjetil Halvorsen kjetil1001 at
Sat Nov 15 22:39:47 UTC 2008

I am using firefox, output from java -version is:

kjetil at familien:~$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_0"
IcedTea6 1.3.1 (6b12-0ubuntu6) Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_0-b12)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 1.6.0_0-b12, mixed mode)

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 19:15, Derek Broughton <news at> wrote:
> David Curtis wrote:
>> On Saturday 15 November 2008 10:47:48 Kjetil Halvorsen wrote:
>>> Hola!
>>> I was tryiong to follow the live games from the chess olympiad in
>>> Bremen, but it does not work! The page ask me to install java,
>>> but I have java installed.
>> URL?
> Browser?
> You're asking a bit much of us Kjetil, to guess what you're doing when
> you give us no information.
> --
> derek

"Perhaps there is no such thing as unilateral power. After all, the
man 'in power' depends on receiving information all the time from
outside. He responds to that information just as much as he 'causes'
things to is an interaction, and not a lineal situation.
But the myth of power is, of course, a very powerful myth, and
probably most people in this world more or less believe in it. It is a
myth, which, if everybody believes in it, becomes to that extent
self-validating. But it is still epistemological lunacy and leads
inevitably to various sorts of disaster."
                 -- Gregory Bateson
Steven Wright  - "Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country."