Ubuntu Intrepid is flawed

Bob Cortez rjcortez at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 22:16:21 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:

>    I have been through 50 web pages of people not able to get audio on
> their Intrepid and I quit. There was a big error made when Intrepid was
> released. It is certain the sound part is flawed. I am not good enough
> to figure out what has died.
>
>    When I loaded Intrepid it was wonderful. But after a few re-boots
> the sound disappeared never to return. I have done some bad things
> trying to get it working, following leads that lead no-where. Others
> have told me they do not use Intrepid just because of this problem.
>
>    On my cheap-laptop I will not use Intrepid, and may try another type
> of Linux.
>
> Karl

I have the same problem with my Gateway laptop.  Fortunately its a dual boot
so if I must have sound I can crossover to windoze.  My wireless worked at
first, but at some point during the updates it no longer works and I can't
even find how to set the parameters for the wireless.  This has been an
ongoing issue with Ubuntu and wireless for me.  Again, if I need wireless I
just go over to the darkside.

I just submit a bug report and hope one of these updates will fix it.  I
don't have time to waste trying to fix something that is over my pay grade.
Also, not worth the stress.

Bob