Problems with my Raid 1

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 16:22:53 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 9:30 PM, Paige Thompson <erratic at devel.ws> wrote:
> Dmraid is unknown to me, by fake raids are you referring to software raid
> and how is that fake? Alo I can help you setup mdadm if you like.

dmraid (fake raid) is used when a motherboard has an inexpensive
controller that uses the CPU and software to emulate a 'real' hardware
raid disk controller.   It has a somewhat bad reputation (I have no
personal experience).    I don't know of a good reason to use it,
unless you are dual booting with a Windows box and want to use the
same array for both.

Brian