procmail question

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Thu Nov 13 21:14:04 UTC 2008

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, Christopher Chan wrote:

> Linda wrote:
>> Here is what I have in the procmailrc file so what am I doing wrong?
>>
>> # .procmailrc
>> # routes incoming mail to appropriate mailboxes
>> PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
>> MAILDIR=/var/mail/$USER/
>> Default=/var/mail/$USER/new/
>
> DEFAULT should be /var/mail/$USER/
>
> Assuming procmail follows .procmailrc...

Since .procmailrc states:

# Messages that fall through all your procmail recipes are delivered
# to your default INBOX. To find out yours, run 'procmail -v'

I would assume that using /var/mail/$USER/ as default would assure mail
never gets delivered to /var/mail/$USER/new/. What am I missing?

--
Bob Holtzman
Your mail is being read by tight lipped