How to find what 'new' packages have been installed?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Thu Nov 13 18:46:14 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 06:55:23PM +0100, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 12:34 +0000, Chris G wrote:
> > Looking for
> > things I've added in a list of 1100 items isn't very easy.
>
> Create a copy after installing, create another copy after you added
> stuff, compare the copies with the diff command.

Er, I can just record what I've added as I do it!  Much easier than
what you're suggesting.

What I actually want to do is to go back "after the event" some days
later and try and remember what I've added manually.  When I remember
to note it down as I do it there's no problem.

> Remember: On Unix-like systems, practically everything you want to do
> with text files was solved decades ago and is supported by nifty command
> line tools :)

Er, yes, I was using Unix boxes decades ago!  :-)

--
Chris Green