VLC or Totem under WUBI 8.10 fail

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Nov 13 15:50:33 UTC 2008

Nils Kassube wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>>     Well I think your operating Ubuntu from within Windows.
>>

> Nope, the Wubi installer is just that, an installer. It helps install
> Linux to a file within the Windows partition which is used as a virtual
> disk for Linux. Then when you run Linux it is not within Windows but run
> natively.
>
> And sorry, I don't know what's going wrong either.
>

> Nils

    Well I find that this happens now for two days running:

karl at karl-hardy:~$ sudo wget
http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/hardy.list--output-document=etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list
--08:46:41--
http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/hardy.list--output-document=etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list
           => `medibuntu.list'
Resolving www.medibuntu.org... 87.98.242.110
Connecting to www.medibuntu.org|87.98.242.110|:80... connected.
08:46:42 ERROR 404: Not Found.

    It appears you can no longer get the medibuntu.list any more due to
some problem at the web page.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI