How do I change the default viewer from document viewer to the what I want?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 12 01:02:54 UTC 2008

On 11/11/2008 12:10 PM, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 10:09 -0800, NoOp wrote:
>> Perhaps you need to log out & then back in - or restart Evolution? I
>> show the following 'Open in' options in the dropdown for a PDF in
>> Evolution 2.22.3.1 on my 8.04.1 Hardy system:
>
> Interesting, I have been using Evo for literally ages and had acroread
> installed for just as long, and I do not have this option.
>
> Maybe acroread-plugins must be installed (it's also in medibuntu repo).
> I don't have this as I despise pdf browser plugins

Nope, no acroread-plugins installed - I despise pdf browser plugins as
well :-) I also don't have acroread installed, but instead have the
Adobe adobereader-enu (from the Adobe .deb) file installed.

I suspect that the difference may be that you might not have Adobe
Reader set as a launch option for PDF files. Right click a PDF file in
Nautilus, select Properties|Open With| and ensure that Adobe Reader 8
shows up as a launch/open with option. That will ensure that the launch
mime settings are available for Evolution, as Evolution should naturaly
pick up the launch options that are available in Nautilus.