Laptop 8.10 problems

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Tue Nov 11 20:15:37 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 12:00 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:

>     I have not a clew what the error message is about.

It is about "The following signatures couldn't be verified because the
public key is not available". That is, for some reason the key in the
medibuntu-keyring was not processed correctly.

> But the whole
> thing error included made it possible to display DVD movies.

Otherwise, however, everything looks find, I don't know why DVDs would
not work. Unless there is a problem with the region setting:
<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/PlayingDVDs#Setting
%20DVD%20Region%20Codes>

Can you maybe insert a DVD and run "vlc dvd://" on the command line,
then post the output