Compaq Pesario CQ50-139WM

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Nov 11 13:51:48 UTC 2008

Mike McMullin wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-11-08 at 12:05 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> Wade Smart wrote:

>>> 20081108 1249 GMT-5
>>>
>>> What is the error?
>>>
>>> Wade
>>>

>>     I can't find any error data. This is of course on the LiveCD and
>> things are not the same as with a real computer. I have no idea where to
>> look :-)
>>
>> Karl
>>

>   More than likely the sda2 partition is going to be used for backup
> images and is physically located right next the sda1 partition.  My Acer
> laptop had three partitions, one hidden with the restore image on it,
> the main with Win-XPMedia edition, and the third for the backup images,
> so what's on sda2? because you may need to nuke it, and replace it
> during re-partitioning.

    Well I did have to remove the big partition that had Vista that was
/dev/sda1. I then made a new partition that was 20 GB and then a 15 GB
for Linux and 2 GB swap. I loaded 8.10 without problem.

    The read the book that came with the lap-top and used the re-install
from the hard drive instructions and it worked just fine!

    But now I am having troubles with 8.10 which are not good.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User