Postfix question (mailman)

Stephan Schöffel schoeffel at fh-bingen.de
Tue Nov 11 12:16:38 UTC 2008

Stephan Schöffel schrieb:
> Erik Christiansen schrieb:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 11:49:56AM +0100, Stephan Schöffel wrote:
>>

>>> Yes I did. I even rebooted the whole machine. Additionally, I changed
>>> the entry in /etc/mailname. Without effect. Still the wrong domain name
>>> is attached to outbound emails.
>>>

>> What does "postconf | grep myorigin" show?
>> If my guessing is good tonight, what's in /etc/mailname?
>>

> mailmanadmin at lists:~$ postconf | grep myorigin
> append_at_myorigin = yes
> myorigin = /etc/mailname
> mailmanadmin at lists:~$ cat /etc/mailname
> lists.fh-bingen.de
>

> lists.fh-bingen.de is the desired domainname.
>
> Yet the emails sender domain is mailman.inf.fh-bingen.de (as is the
> hosts dns entry)

I figured there is an entry in /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py:

# Default domain for email addresses of newly created MLs
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'lists.fh-bingen.de'
# Default host for web interface of newly created MLs
DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = 'lists.fh-bingen.de'

I edited those. At least I have the right domain name for new lists now.