Postfix question (mailman)

Stephan Schöffel schoeffel at fh-bingen.de
Tue Nov 11 09:58:49 UTC 2008

I fixed the relay thing by simply putting relayhost = mx1... into main.cf

But now I'm facing a new problem. Is there a way to configure the fqdn
which ist used in the sender address? I set the following line in
/etc/postfix/main.cf

myhostname = lists.myhostname.de

Yet it seems as postfix looks up its own domain name via dns entry and
therefore attaches the domainname delivered by the dns to emails.
Unfortunately the dns entry differs from lists.myhostname.de.

Stephan

--

Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Stephan Schöffel

c/o Fachhochschhule Bingen / University of applied sciences Bingen
Fachbereich 2 - Technik, Informatik und Wirtschaft

Berlinstraße 109
55411 Bingen

Tel: +49 (0) 6721 / 409-250
Fax: +49 (0) 6721 / 409-158