Linux as a virtual machine on Windows

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Mon Nov 10 22:38:05 UTC 2008

Charlie Kravetz wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 17:06:51 +0100
> Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net> wrote:
> > Derek Broughton wrote:

> > > bzzt.  Sorry, but no.  You need a non-Free version for that.  It
> > > is, nevertheless, free-as-in-beer.
> >
> > Well, for commercial use you do need a paid version.
>
> OTOH, is he _not_ doing a product evaluation?

I'm not sure what the purpose of the "installation procedures" is that the
OP wants to write. If it is for product evaluation, then it is definitely
covered by the PUEL. OTOH, if it is for commercial use, it isn't covered.
But then it may be free nevertheless according to what Derek posted.
Probably it would be best to ask Sun in case of a commercial application.

Nils